Altegris is driven by a culture of deep research and innovation, with clients' goals foremost. Our mission is to identify superior investment capabilities and deliver effective, sustainable portfolio solutions. Our suite of products is distributed through the intermediary channel, including wirehouses, independent broker/dealers, bank/trusts and registered investment advisors. We also have a robust Private Client Group that works directly with high-net-worth individuals and family offices. We pride ourselves on our people and are strongly committed to our mission.
The Altegris group of affiliated companies is wholly-owned and controlled by (i) private equity funds managed by Aquiline Capital Partners LLC and its affiliates (“Aquiline”), and by Genstar Capital Management, LLC and its affiliates (“Genstar”), and (ii) certain senior management of Altegris and other affiliates. Established in 2005, Aquiline focuses its investments exclusively in the financial services industry. Established in 1988, Genstar focuses its investment efforts across a variety of industries and sectors, including financial services.
Altegris is searching for talented, motivated Interns to be part of our Operations team. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
- Data formatting, scrubbing and entry
- Working with spreadsheet and databases, including:
- Identifying duplicate records and cleaning them up
- Searching contacts on external websites to find, update and verify data
- Verifying data and completing projects via cross-departmental collaboration
- Organizing files
- Providing “white-glove” service to internal and external customers
- Printing and aggregating materials for meetings
- Handling various administrative tasks
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy in data input
- Organizational abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Strong ability to:
- Take initiative
- Work both independently and take direction
- Work and thrive in a team environment, including working collaboratively with others
- Perform successfully under pressure and meet deadlines
- Software versatility
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Adept at learning new software
- Work experience
- A strong interest in financial services
This is a part-time position (15 - 20 hours/week) during the school year and part-time (29 hours/week) during the summer. Compensation = $12/hour.
Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at email@example.com.