Altegris is driven by a culture of deep research and innovation. With clients' goals foremost, we identify superior investment capabilities and deliver effective, sustainable portfolio solutions in the form of alternative mutual funds, closed-end funds and private funds. Through our broker-dealer affiliate, our suite of products is distributed through intermediary channels, including wirehouses, independent broker-dealers and registered investment advisors, and directly to high-net-worth individuals and family offices. Altegris’ advisory affiliate manages over $2.47 billion in assets. We pride ourselves on our people and their commitment to our clients and culture.
Altegris is searching for a talented and motivated Vice President and Regional Director for the intermediary sales channel in the West Territory. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
- Raising assets in our intermediary channel by building new relationships and managing those currently in place with advisors from wirehouses, RIAs and independent broker/dealers (such as Merrill Lynch, UBS, Morgan Stanley, LPL, Commonwealth, Cambridge)
- Working closely with an internal sales partner to conduct territory analysis and business planning to maximize territory goals
- Providing education and sales support to financial advisors and their clients
- Delivering presentations/seminars to both small and large audiences of advisors and the senior management of investment firms
- Coordinating and attending seminars and conferences in the territory
- Managing and traveling 4‐5 days/week within the territory
- 5+ years of verifiable sales success wholesaling mutual funds and/or proprietary private placements
- Extensive experience and relationships with wirehouses, RIAs and independent broker /dealer advisors in the territory
- Strong ability to analyze asset-allocation strategies
- Knowledge of alternative investments
- Excellent computer skills
- Residency in the territory
- Bachelor's degree
- Series 7 and 63 or 66 FINRA Licenses
- Established relationships with Merrill Lynch, UBS, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, LPL, Commonwealth and Cambridge
- Managed futures and/or hedge-fund experience
- CAIA, CIMA, CFA
This is a full-time position. Altegris offers a competitive salary and benefits, including: paid time-off, holiday pay, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K and company match. Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at email@example.com.